The Village Hub is a Charitable Community Benefit Society, run for charitable purposes, by its members who live and work in the Electoral Wards of Stoke and Devonport in Plymouth, and overseen by its directors.
Our Mission is to build on existing community spirit, working with local people to bring a bit more colour into all our lives. We work on the frontline providing opportunities that enable anyone in our community to connect through learning, signposting, cultural activities and having fun in a safe and caring environment.
Local people know their community best. We all have something to contribute,
- Invite our neighbours to access our spaces freely and be part of all the conversations we have with other organisations.
- Create experiences, events, activities and solutions – “with not for” local people.
- Put the kettle on
- Have an open door policy
- Respect and value each other’s views
- Recognise that local people know our community best and have ideas and information that are hugely valuable.
- Invite local people to be the centre of positive change in our community
- Make a safe space
- Love a good natter
- Buy local whenever possible to keep money circulating in the local economy
We Aim To
Put color in the day
Spread a bit of happiness
Keep playing, adapting, exploring and experimenting to find new ways to ensure no one gets left behind.
Stay around for the long haul
Adapt and engage with our local park to ensure community well being extends to the natural world as well.
Get In Touch
The Village Hub
67 Devonport Road,
Monday - Wednesday - 10am - 12noon
Thursday - 10am - 3pm
Friday - 10am - 6pm
"The Village Hub Community Limited" is registered under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014 as a Community Benefit Society, number 8522. Registered on Companies House number RS008522. "The Village hub Community" is a charity for tax purposes in line with Paragraph 1 of Schedule 6 FInance Act 2021. Reference ZD15315.